View Single Post
07-12-2013, 01:21 AM
The Perfect Human*
vCash: 500
You're going to be hard-pressed to find many 2nd line players in the NHL that produce 50 points in designated 2nd-line minutes and secondary PP time. Its going to take one helluva offense-oriented team to do it.

Second lines in Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Vancouver have done it in recent years - but players putting up numbers like that were fixtures on those teams' #1 PP units. Goes a long way in contributing to their numbers.

I think heading into next year, our #1 PP unit is going to look something like this:

Wouldn't surprise me if Joensuu sneaks his way onto that unit at some point this year either.

2nd unit: This is where it gets shaky - the Oilers for the first time won't have a real "offensive" forward around to play on this unit with Yakupov on the point. We've always had a 3rd liner capable of playing PP (MPS, Hemsky, Horcoff) - now we don't. This is why I wouldn't mind having Peter Mueller join the team in some capacity.

Will be interesting to see if Lander gets some time here. Would also be convenient to have Hemsky available here as well.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote