View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Petes2424

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
There is no one piece the Oilers would offer that would make the Blues consider moving Sobotka. Top-5 bottom-six player in the league.
They probably could but we know that's a pipe dream. I was responding the the "I dont care how we get these three guys here" post...

As for Kopecky, I honestly dont think his value is overinflated. I think he could probably be had for something decent. Not anything special. He's a very utilized player for sure. He can play up if needed but talk about a pretty good bottom six guy. And to think, Detroit had to let him walk at one time. Which brings up a point in itself. There's going to be some guys come waiver time, who are going to be available that normally wouldnt. Detroit for instance again, might lose a guy like Emmerton for nothing. They'll probably hold onto him until they know Helm is good to go, then try to unsuccessfully trade him in late September and basically have to waive him. He evolved into a pretty good 4th line C this past season and might be available for a claim.

They'll be some guys out there this year who are a little better than your normal waiver guys, just due to a numbers game going on right now with more than a few teams.