View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 01:34 AM
HeavyHitter99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
You're going to be hard-pressed to find many 2nd line players in the NHL that produce 50 points in designated 2nd-line minutes and secondary PP time. Its going to take one helluva offense-oriented team to do it.

Second lines in Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Vancouver have done it in recent years - but players putting up numbers like that were fixtures on those teams' #1 PP units. Goes a long way in contributing to their numbers.

I think heading into next year, our #1 PP unit is going to look something like this:

Eberle-RNH-Hall
Schultz-Belov

Wouldn't surprise me if Joensuu sneaks his way onto that unit at some point this year either.

2nd unit: This is where it gets shaky - the Oilers for the first time won't have a real "offensive" forward around to play on this unit with Yakupov on the point. We've always had a 3rd liner capable of playing PP (MPS, Hemsky, Horcoff) - now we don't. This is why I wouldn't mind having Peter Mueller join the team in some capacity.

Perron-Gagner-______
Petry-Yakupov

Will be interesting to see if Lander gets some time here. Would also be convenient to have Hemsky available here as well.
+1 for Peter Mueller

HeavyHitter99 is offline   Reply With Quote