View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 03:52 AM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
For anybody still stuck on goalscoring potential of Maggie heres a bold comparison.

Perron has scored around as many goals in his NHL career as Magnus has scored ANYWHERE since he was 14 or 15. (for brevity and laziness I'm just going off of what NHL lists)

Magnus at 10 was always a strange pick. Never really had the goalscoring touch outside of games played for Sweden. Odd player all round.
I don't know that people were/are stuck on the goal scoring potential of PRV. I just think that some like to point out that Perron may not necessarily be huge upgrade in terms of goal scoring. But we'll have to see how things play out and I hope I am wrong.

The issue I have with many of the posts here is that they undervalue what PRV did this last season and at the same time overvalue what Perron did in terms of goals/points. They were pretty much even and that's not an opinion.

That said, as a few posters have correctly pointed out, Perron was not brought in to score more goals than PRV. He does bring offense obviously but he also has other attributes that are a better fit for this team and there is no denying that he is the better player right now.

edit: I forgot the primary reason for why I replied to this specific post..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Perron has scored around as many goals in his NHL career as Magnus has scored ANYWHERE since he was 14 or 15. (for brevity and laziness I'm just going off of what NHL lists)
Come on man, this may be one of the worst comparisons ever. It seems as if you just jumped on the train with the people bashing Paajarvi just for the sake of it... Perron was playing in the NHL and was 19 - 25 years old, while Paajarvi was 15 - 21, and playing in SHL, AHL or NHL (I guess you only count those leagues, because otherwise your statement is wrong).

How can it be a surprise, or news, to anyone that a player between 19 and 25 has scored more than a player between 15 and 21 seeing as both played against men in that time?

If you want to prove that Perron is better than Paajarvi in scoring goals you can just point to their first three seasons in the NHL. That's perfectly fine and unlike what you wrote above actually a valid point in this case (even though some chumps like me would argue that Paajarvi was quite good this season and will probably improve further to record a 20+ goals season in 13/14).

Last edited by LaGu: 07-12-2013 at 04:06 AM.
LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote