Thread: Scott Laughton
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 07:09 AM
potsiev2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
To continue with the tools/toolbox analogy, Couturier and Schenn were dominant at juniors because they had had so many of those "tools". At the NHL level, offensive production is equally about the toolbox as it is about the tools.

I don't see Schenn's toolbox. He had the tools to dominate at juniors, but I don't think he's ever going to put it all together at the NHL level. And conversely, while Laughton doesn't have the tools (to dominate at any level offensively), he will compensate because of his instincts and hockey sense.

So basically, comparing junior points and projections with these players is foolish. Like I always say around here, if you could project a player's NHL effectiveness from their junior accolades, everyone would be a scout.

what are you saying... are you saying the toolbox is = to them not being smart enough??? physical??? what makes you an expert on a "toolbox" and what exactly are you saying the toolbox is?... that tool/toolbox analogy really doesn't hold water... so much more goes into a players success then that...grooming/coaching/linemates/workout/practice/desire/support/life away from rink/std's/drinking/injuries/health... they interview these players for a reason and sometimes move up/move down guys based on these interviews... i think brayden schenn is going to shock you... i love when fans write off young players and decide a player has the tools but no toolbox riggggggghhhhttt... took me about 2 minutes

21 years old... david krejci- 21 points in 62 games
21 years old... danny briere 22 points in 64 games
21 years old... mike richards 32 points in 59 games
21 years old... claude giroux 27 points in 42 games
21 years old... JVR 40 points in 75 games
21 years old... brayden schenn 26 points in 47 games

write him off

Last edited by potsiev2: 07-12-2013 at 07:18 AM.
potsiev2 is offline   Reply With Quote