View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
I don't know that people were/are stuck on the goal scoring potential of PRV. I just think that some like to point out that Perron may not necessarily be huge upgrade in terms of goal scoring. But we'll have to see how things play out and I hope I am wrong.

The issue I have with many of the posts here is that they undervalue what PRV did this last season and at the same time overvalue what Perron did in terms of goals/points. They were pretty much even and that's not an opinion.
Its not an opinion that one player is nearly twice as prolific as the other. Its not an opinion that one player established themselves as a true ringer of an NHL player on a very good NHL team as a rookie. While the other couldn't grab a spot or stay in the lineup on the worst team in the NHL. Think about that and let it sink in.

Quote:
Come on man, this may be one of the worst comparisons ever. It seems as if you just jumped on the train with the people bashing Paajarvi just for the sake of it... Perron was playing in the NHL and was 19 - 25 years old, while Paajarvi was 15 - 21, and playing in SHL, AHL or NHL (I guess you only count those leagues, because otherwise your statement is wrong).

How can it be a surprise, or news, to anyone that a player between 19 and 25 has scored more than a player between 15 and 21 seeing as both played against men in that time?

If you want to prove that Perron is better than Paajarvi in scoring goals you can just point to their first three seasons in the NHL. That's perfectly fine and unlike what you wrote above actually a valid point in this case (even though some chumps like me would argue that Paajarvi was quite good this season and will probably improve further to record a 20+ goals season in 13/14).
This is one of your strangest points. You know I like your posting, but this is twisting. One player scored 86 goals in the top league in the world. The other was playing in far lesser rungs of hockey and having trouble scoring much at all. Of course being that I'm going back as far as i can with Paajarvi theres also many more seasons in that mix. I suspect more games played as well. That you think I'm specious raising that Perron has as many NHL goals as Paajarvi has scored anywhere in his career is odd. If anything this head and shoulders demonstrates how much more Perron can produce in the premium league in the world. i thought it was a sobering point, and probably a few people agree. Nobody else questioned my point.

Paajarvi would score 86 NHL goals if he played another 5 NHL seasons. He has 26 now.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote