View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Hockeynoitall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeCheck101 View Post
Is every player getting these bursaries? Just curious. How much money is available? I would like to pass this information on then to parents interested in this option. Much appreciated if you could provide some numbers. Also is power skating specific to the program? Meaning are practices COMPLETELY dedicated to power skating, edge work and agility. Or entire practices dedicated to shooting, stick handling. Or 100% dedicated to defence men skating and concepts? The answer is likely no and this is why my preference and advice to parents is invest in hockey school.

What I am saying is it is a fantastic program if that's where parents choose to send their kid at 14 years of age OR spend a fraction of the cost at summer power skating.... Then make an impression at Sask First.... Then play AAA midget... Not every elite player who plays SMAAAHL played for ND or the like. At AAA midget you're forking over generally $10K. At some point if your kid wants to play, you've gotta pay somewhere....
If you want to pursue the costs and etc just go on to ND web site and it clearly states what the process is. There are different amounts available for different situations.