View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Moose Coleman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Spectacular effective play is responding well, even routinely, to the situation in front of you. A very good goalie makes a lot of plays look routine. An adventurous goalie makes a lot of routine plays look difficult.

Theres a difference.
In this instance, I'll credit DD for staying with the play after it went sideways and battling back. And then I'd tie him to the post with a one-foot bungee cord.

Quote:
Additionally you fail to consider the difference between a goalie having to make a brilliant save in response to a brilliant play in front of him vs a goalie turning a routine play into a desperate stop. I give more credit to the former as you should too.
Of course I consider the difference. I simply don't see it as being particularly relevant.

Quote:
I'll take effective everytime.
Hmm yes, it's just a shame there's no way to measure how effective a goalie is. Like something looks at how many saves he make compared to how many shots he faces. Someone should really come up with a way to measure that. Oh well. Until then, I guess we'll have to rely on solid evidence like body language and our feelings.

Moose Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote