Old
07-12-2013, 11:10 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
hes been all over international play.

he was on the u17 team that won in windsor ontario in 2012. he did next to nothing playing mostly on the 3rd line if i remember correctly. as a side note, in that gold medal game against the usa, tolchinski had a hatty. that team also had zadorov and nichushkin on it.

in the u18's in sochi, buchnevich went off with 5/6 11 in 7 games and some crazy good goals especially against the usa.

he outscored both nichushkin and tolch in that tourny.

this kid is EASILY the most offensively talented player in our system and it isnt even close. if hes on the ice, there isnt much question whos the most skilled player. its obvious. tolch is a close second skills/skating wise but hes just so damn small.

buch has got scary skills. his shot is high end and he gets it off in traffic. his skating is excellent and his offensive instincts are both intuitive and effortless. hes really fast and faster with the puck. his dangle is pretty sweet.

he doesnt play a lick of defense and he need to mature and realize he cant cherry pick and only think offense. his skating allows him to be an pretty effective backchecker and when hes engaged, he can play a solid 2 way game.

this kid is the real deal. hes got first line scorer skills.

unfortunately ive read a few comparisons to zherdev. im hoping hes more like alex semin and perhaps phil kessel.
Gordie Clark compared him to Cherepanov.

And, i believe Cherepanov would have been a superstar in the NHL, i really do. The kid had unreal talent.

I don't know anything about him, so I can't comment on him. But i hope Clark's comparison is true. However, if it is, why would this kid drop so far in the draft?

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote