Old
07-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I've got to say that that dangerous, warm feeling of optimism is seeping into my extremities, despite my best efforts. Of course there are question marks, but that's true for every other team in the league. On top of that, the forward list you quoted actually has the makings of decent call-up potential and (if we are lucky) 1-2 rookies even beyond Laughton who will crack the roster in the next season or so.

Defensively, we can even say that there are legitimate prospects now in the system. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if either of Hägg or Morin got rushed to the Flyers as early as next season (ie, 2014-15), both with the loss of Timonen and the cap situation. I'd hope not, but it may just be inevitable – and hopefully the result of stellar play by one or both in the upcoming season – that they try to make hay with the recent early-round picks.

Even goaltending is (at least for this season) stable, and there's an honest-to-goodness legit call-up on the Phantoms if Mason or Emery get injured. That gives a full season to Stolarz with the Knights, and hopefully he will make a strong case for the Phantoms starter's job for 2014-15. It also gives them another year to keep looking for another very good G prospect if Heeter continues to play so-so.
Allow me to hurt your optimisim: Leighton is still available. There is still a chance he gets another spot in the organization, no matter how small.