View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
Honest question. Does he have anything left to gain by playing top line minutes against smaller, younger guys? He'd likely be getting 3rd - 4th line minutes in 2014 too with the way the RW depth sits right now, so why not bring him up this season and let him show what he's capable of against the big boys? If he shows well, that might give the team the opportunity to trade one of Brouwer/Ward for help elsewhere.
If you want Wilson to become a top six player, and not just a banger, it makes sense to give him plenty of offensvie opportunities and powerplay time. If he's in Washington, he's not going to get that. It's not just about the minutes, it's about the types of minutes he gets.

And I think he has plenty to prove still in the OHL. Vince Trocheck, albeit a year older, put up more points in the 28 games he played in Plymouth than Wilson put up in the 48 games he played. Wilson's numbers were good, but he was playing on a deep, talented team and he still has plenty of room to improve on his season from last year.

I wouldn't mind giving him a brief audition in the NHL at the beginning of the season (<9 games, as to not burn a year off his ELC), but he should spend the rest of the season in the OHL. Right now, he's not much more than a hitter in the NHL. I have higher hopes for Wilson than him just being a 4th line banger.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote