View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
The title of this thread asks if MacT is "mostly" done. Other than trying to deal Hemsky I think MacT is completely done as far as roster moves are concerned. This is the team he's going with.
I really don't get the same impression that MacT is satisfied with the roster, and I think that he will continue to make changes to the roster, if he thinks that he can improve the club further.

He said that it will probably be relatively quiet on the trade front, but that he's always open for business. I think that some teams have roster and cap issues now, and now is the time to make some good deals for players. I really get the feeling that MacT is not yet finished, nor do I think that he's done what he wanted to do with the roster changes over the summer just yet. He wants to add more size and toughness to the line up. I can see Lander being packaged with another prospect and picks for a more experienced and skilled centreman. The Oilers have a lot of the key pieces in place with their young core and will have only a limited window of opportunity to win. They have to move into a "win now" mode.