View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 02:06 PM
icing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
So now when Ilya Kovalchuk in his prime leaves for the KHL, how many players of his caliber can you stand coming without bailing on your promise to diss that league? How many of the youngest fans will choose to cheer for a Tier-3 league in Sweden when the KHL has taken a supreme grasp of the european scene? For me, not long, and i'd like a swedish team to get in on it. For now i'll just cheer for Jokerit. My impression of Zagreb is that many of their fans are actually really looking forward to the international rivalries with Bratislava and Praha. And who can blame them? Not me that's for sure.

You still don't get it.

New Jersey devils has how many Swedish fans? How many fans will now leave the Devils and choose another one?

The team that signs Kovalchuk will get just as many Swedish fans as the New Jerseys Devils did when signing him (actually they wont, they will not get any swedish fans at all). How many Swedish fans actually left their team to let Colorado be number 1 when Forsberg played there? Any MODO fans raising hands? No? Any Karlskoga fans raising hands? No!? Many jumped on the band wagon favoring Colorado in the NHL in those day. But that's totally different. No Swedish team felt a drop off in their support because of a NHL team.

And of course. In Olofstrom (3rd tier swedish team) the kids now will wake up to the likes of Moskow, St Petersburg and Prag. Yeah right! A little to far to home games i would guess...

I can image the excitement when KHL officials realize the potential of the fan bases in small Swedish hillbilly towns (no offence Olofstrom).

I have a team, a team i will stick with until I die (sorry Jokerit). My interest lies with them and the league they play in. It doesnt bother me a bit that Crosby doesnt play in that league. And it will not bother the youngest fans either since teams closest to them, teams they can relate to (for example GO AND SEE GAMES), will be the teams that wins their hearts.

Have fun cheering for Jokerit (no offense to Jokerit either). Season tickets? Full TV coverage package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
My impression of Zagreb is that many of their fans are actually really looking forward to the international rivalries with Bratislava and Praha. And who can blame them? Not me that's for sure.
Of course they are. Why would they not be excited? You don't see the difference between Croatian hockey and Swedish? Culture differences? Historic differences? No? Nothing?

And last but not least. I'm not dissing the KHL. I'm just dissing your view on things. Today is a great day reading the butt hurt comments from NHL fans when one player does what hundreds of europeans have done when bolting to the NHL.

Last edited by icing: 07-12-2013 at 02:23 PM.
icing is offline   Reply With Quote