Thread: Speculation: Evander Kane
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 02:19 PM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I'm going to disagree with the offense being worse than last years. We should be able to maintain possession far better this year. We also have more speed.

Like it or not, this is a Trotz team from top to bottom now. Notice all the centers are basically the same type player on the first 3 lines? Notice there's a big body player and a speed winger for each of the top 3 lines? Notice the character throughout the line-up?

Will it work? I have no idea. I think it could. I also think there's a black cloud over us though, and just keep waiting for the rain......

Lets compare last year offense to this year,

Remember the key word is 'offense'

Wilson - Wilson
Hornqvist - hornqvist
Legwand - legwand
Fisher - fisher
Erat >>>>>> stalberg
Spaling >>>> hendricks
Halischuk >>>> nystrom
Bourque - bourque
Kostitsyn << Cullen
Smith - smith
Goose - goose
Beck - beck
Clune - clune

Anyone that thinks forsberg is going to light it up will be sadly mistaken. He doesn't have the talent around him to make plays, and he is only 19, I mean if we had of got barkov nobody expected him to contribute right away, and he is way better size and talent wise than forsberg.

I hate to say it, but we are going to struggle to score goals big time this season.

Having possibly best defense and goaltending in the league is great, but the other guys will score eventually, and if we can score, we don't win. Simple.

We need more balance like Chicago (who just won cup), they have elite forwards and defense as well.

maplepred is online now   Reply With Quote