View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 03:55 PM
JAY Z

vCash: 500
The thing about MacT is that despite his firing in 2009, I don't think he was the problem. He was good at making the best of what he had, and coached a roster much worse than the one we've had the previous 3 seasons to a position just out of the playoffs (3 points and 6 points in 2008 and 2009 respectively).

The guy knows the game, and I think he'll put a winning team on the ice in the next few seasons. Looking across the NHL though, the Oilers may have had one of the best off seasons in the NHL (not THE best, ONE of the best), right up there with Dallas.

So far, MacT has drafted (hopefully) a top pairing defensemen [something we needed desperately], traded potential for results and addressed the hole at LW [PRV for Perron], signed two impact roster players [Ference and Gordon], and traded away Horcoff's terrible contract without retaining salary and gaining assets in return.

So far so good.

All that's left in my opinion is to add some grit in the bottom 6, and trade away Hemsky (hurts to say it, my favourite player personally).

We're not getting a top paring d-man this year, and our bottom 6 is going to be pretty bad, but I'm confident we're going to have a solid lineup, top to bottom, by this time next year.

For the time being though, anyone else agree that MacT has done more in the 2 months he's been here as a GM than Steve did in his entire stint? Yeah most of us would I'm guessing.

JAY Z is offline   Reply With Quote