Thread: GDT: FA/Trade Talk
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Preds101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Chicago had an 11 season streak where they did not get past the 1st round ... missing the playoffs completely 9 times. It ended in 2008.

Chicago earned three top three picks in a four year span ... didn't pick outside of the top 14 for six years ... resulting in Seabrook, Toews, and Kane. The Penguins had 5 straight picks in the top 5 ... four consecutive top 2 ... they missed the playoffs four consecutive times during that span.

Now look at how Preds fans go over the edge with one bad season.
And that is the problem I see with some fans. With wanting to make the playoffs (like pushing for the playoffs last year with all the injuries) no matter how bad the team is gets us 15+ pick in the draft which is harder to get a franchise forward/worthwhile trade piece then it would be picking top 5. Along with pushing for the playoffs two years ago Poile traded his first pick for Paul Gaustad to try and help the playoff push. If instead of pushing every year for the playoffs we kept our picks and were able to restock our system maybe in a few years we would either be able to draft a franchise forward or have the necessary pieces to trade for one. I don't like to watch the Preds lose but you can see what the Hawks and Penguins had to go through to get to where they are. I just wish more people would understand the ups and downs of the league and not bandwagon as much, although im not sure what Shea thinks of a few bad seasons to get the team solid through draft picks.