View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

vCash: 500
Ranking Top 6, Bottom 6, and D

Since it sounds like MacT is mostly done for the off-season, I decided to go through all 29 rosters around the league, and decide if they are better or worse than us in the three categories: Top 6 Forwards, Bottom 6 Forwards, D-core.

Top 6 Forwards:

Oilers : Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov, Gagner, Perron

Ranking: 4th

Who Was Better: Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh.

Notes: Pittsburgh got there because of Crosby and Malkin, but I might still like the potential balance of our attack more. (if we're coached right)

Who Was Worse: The following teams were worth being in the discussion... Colorado, Detroit, San Jose, Philly, Vancouver

Bottom 6 Forwards

Oilers: Gordon, Hemsky, Jones, Smyth, Lander, Joensuu, Brown

Ranking: 26th

Who Was Worse: Carolina, New Jersey, Tampa, Vancouver

Who Was Better: I wasn't crazy on Dallas, Florida, or Winnipeg

Notes: I thought we'd be 30th here. It's still very bad compared to the good teams out there though.

Defense

Oilers: Petry, Smid, J. Schultz, Ference, N. Schultz, Belov, Kelfbom, Potter.

Ranking: 19th

Who Was Better: Anaheim, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Florida, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Montreal, Nashville, Rangers, Ottawa, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Vancouver, Washinton

Notes: I liked the top pairing of Minny and Tampa... but I might like our depth more than those teams. Their top pairings were too good though.

Who Was Worse: Buffalo, Calgary, Carolina, Colorado, Dallas, Detroit, New Jersey, Islanders, Philadelphia, San Jose, Winnipeg

Notes: Cases can be made here for Wings, Sharks, Jets and Islanders.

So what do you think? Am I way off? Do you disagree in certain areas? Flame away, I was just bored

Mcnotloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote