View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 06:01 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
Sorry, you couldnt be more wrong. You obviously know nothing about his game at all and have gotten all your facts from stats and YouTube. From 95 on he was one of the Elite D in the game,His best seasons were 2003-07 but he was a star way before that
I agree with you. I was a youngster back then, but I love going back and watching old games. Devils, non Devils, everything.

You go back and watch the way he controlled the puck. How smart and how quick he was as soon as created a turnover... It was effortless.
Niedermayer being so skilled in his transition, in my opinion, was a big part of the reason why Stevens was allowed to go all in on the physical side of the game. What an incredible pairing to watch.

A lot of the current "Niedermayer was overrated in Jersey" trend and other such nonsense was just a product of the garbage that always gets thrown in in regards to the Devils.
Nobody 20 years ago, 10 years ago or even now gave 1/2 a damn about any of our players til they were ready to become UFAs. Especially back then, we were subject to whatever Toronto, Philly and NY media wanted to say about us.

manilaNJ is online now   Reply With Quote