View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
With Gordon gone, and hopefully with Moss finding the back of the net a bit more frequently I think our bottom 6 scoring will be okay. Vermette being on the third line is going to help bottom six scoring a TON.
It's not so much about scoring, it's the big body. As Tippet would say, guys like Penner/Pyatt can play a heavy game. I certainly wouldn't pay Penner a lot but if he came reasonably cheap I think he's a worthwhile consideration. Oh and before someone even goes there, a heavy game is not the same thing as a physical game. Pyatt was not overly physical but he definitely played a heavy game and that really showed in the LA series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Penner would spend way too much time in Tippett's dog house during the regular season. Maybe I would reconsider him on the team if we had alot of depth of offense. Chances are he will sign with Anaheim.
If it was a trade situation I would share your concern but considering Penner would be coming here of his own volition, I wouldn't be too worried. He knows who the coach is and he knows what that coach is about, I don't think he'd willingly sign on if he wasn't ok with what would be expected of him.