View Single Post
07-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Embrace Passion
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
With Gordon gone, and hopefully with Moss finding the back of the net a bit more frequently I think our bottom 6 scoring will be okay. Vermette being on the third line is going to help bottom six scoring a TON.
It's not so much about scoring, it's the big body. As Tippet would say, guys like Penner/Pyatt can play a heavy game. I certainly wouldn't pay Penner a lot but if he came reasonably cheap I think he's a worthwhile consideration. Oh and before someone even goes there, a heavy game is not the same thing as a physical game. Pyatt was not overly physical but he definitely played a heavy game and that really showed in the LA series.

Originally Posted by AP View Post
Penner would spend way too much time in Tippett's dog house during the regular season. Maybe I would reconsider him on the team if we had alot of depth of offense. Chances are he will sign with Anaheim.
If it was a trade situation I would share your concern but considering Penner would be coming here of his own volition, I wouldn't be too worried. He knows who the coach is and he knows what that coach is about, I don't think he'd willingly sign on if he wasn't ok with what would be expected of him.