Thread: Confirmed with Link: Mats Zuccarello Re-signs (1 year, $1.15M)
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 07:25 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Sure McDonagh, Hagelin and Stepan could be higher priorities, I am complete A-OK with that. But all I'm saying is that if the departure of Zuccarello is because of Pouliot and Falk, AKA cap reasons (both 2.25m combined), then I'll be ticked off since they gave away a player who was vital to the team's turnaround last season.

It does not make sense to give Richards another chance considering largely in part of his on-ice play last year. He played like a senior, he was scratched in two important playoff games and overall had a disastrous season. He was also injured by Kaleta early on in the seaso. If he suffers an injury, the Rangers are stuck with his contract for the next 5 years. Richards if his game continues to drop off like a cliff like it has the past few seasons, will be right up there as one of the worst albatross contracts in the league. By no means should Sather specifically get a free pass for this because time in, time out he's proven he can't assemble a roster that leads to overpayment like the Richards contract. They don't need Richards at all, what was the acquisition of Brassard for? IMO that spelled the departure of him and many others thought so too. It just makes little sense financially to keep him around for the quality of player he is.
I still think you overreacting way too much. I can promise you if Zucc isn't back it won't be because of Faulk and Pouliot for one. If the rangers needed to make room they have salaries I'm sure they would move. As of this moment they haven't made moves because there has not been a reason to.

And Richards is coming back no matter what you think about his game so let's see how it plays out.