Old
07-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCountry84 View Post

Just seen your lovely post now.

First off, get over yourself. To question my judgement on a save that is definitely worthy of being considered a hightlight is laughable (tsn, sportsnet, etc all seemed to agree that it was indeed a highlight as well at the time). Especially in a DEVAN DUBNYK HIGHLIGHT VID. Highlight videos don't discard certain plays because of what lead up to that highlight occuring.
Secondly, it was shown 3 times in the video, not 5. My 3 year old nephew can recognize the difference between 3 and 5. With your superior intellect, this should've been easy to notice.
Thirdly, why did you even push play? Your hate for Dubey is enjoyable to read.
I would say that when theres a reaction of indignation like this its because you see my point, you'rre frustrated with it, and hoped nobody would notice it and bring it up.

Really if including that save multiple times is the best moments then maybe the project didn't have enough credible material for the compilation. It ends up being less than convincing for reasons I expressed.

As far as the bolded brief hilites don't often do hockey plays justice. This particularly in Canada is inexcusable. If they're going to show a hockey play show it in its entirety.
I often find that the replays don't do justice to the plays that actually occurred by limiting preceding lead up. For Canadian news broadcasters to do this so often with hockey is silly and especially given how much time they waste showing other sports and plays. How many times for instance have we seen long baseball hilites of coaches arguing with umps, 17 different plays in a baseball game etc.
To your credit your hilite was honest, included was some preceding frame of reference which you could've edited out. Thanks for not doing that.

Anyway I've laid out my rationale, you yours, we won't agree and thats OK.

I do wish you, and other young fans had seen better Oiler goalies in their prime so that you'd have more to compare and contrast with. For many of us vet Oiler fans Dubs ain't that much. Spoiled by that? Yeah, I guess so.

Last edited by Replacement: 07-12-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote