View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Hockey4Me

vCash: 500
Hi AIREAYE,

I just have a couple of questions about my dilemma with buying new skates. I started playing hockey again after being away from the game and skating for almost 12 years. The skates that I currently have are CCM U+6. The fit was fine for the first couple of months, but now I am noticing that I have to really tie them very tight or they will feel loose when I am skating and there is no arch support at all. This tightening is now giving me lace bite.

Anyway recently I tried my friends Vapor 4.0, which were broken in completely. I absolutely loved how much ankle and arch support, stiffness, and overall feel I got from these skates, and I would tie them normally. I have already skated 5 hours on my friend’s Vapor 4.0. I feel a little bit of pressure under my foot arches, because I have flat feet, but no pain. However when I tried on brand new Vapor 5.0 or 4.0 in the store I feel a lot more pressure in my flat footed arches, I guess that is what pushed me away from Vapors initially when I bought my CCMs.

I tried on Supremes and I didn’t like how much pressure there was in my ankle.

I guess my question is should I get the Vapor 5.0 or go to a higher vapor 6.0? and will this pressure in my arches be relieved after I bake them or after I break them in with skating? Should I look at a wider E sizes, just to relieve the pressure under my arch or will that compromise the rest of the fit? Last question, would my foot pressure on the arch of the skate eventually stretch the skate and make it unsupportive?

Im about 6’3” and weigh 215 lbs and skate 4 hours per week. Also my skating still needs work, so I don’t want to get a top of the line skate, but I do want something stiff enough for my weight.
Sorry for the long background story, but just trying to give as much info as possible. Thank you so much for your help!