View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
I've been watching the Oil since the glory days and Dubnyk is fine. Is he as good in his time as Ranford, Cujo and Moog were in theirs? No, but those guys were all top 5 goalies, whereas Dubnyk is top 10-15. Good enough to win with a good team, but not good enough to carry the entire club on his shoulders. Anyway, let's be real and not let nostalgia blind us to certain truths, namely that if you put any of our past great goalies in the NHL today, they'd get LIT UP. The game and goaltending in particular has evolved so much since their time, I can't even stand to watch old Oilers games in the NHL vault.
Probably because I prefer players that can think the game well a guy Roli is light years better imo as well. Not just for his between the pipes work but ability to handle, headman the puck, get in peoples heads, milk a penalty here or there, milk a whistle here or there. Guy used every tactic, edge, available to him and went out looking for more.
Dubs game in comparison contains no similar wrinkles, no intangibles. I don't think that one can look at any one facet in isolation.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote