View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 09:40 PM
AJ SF4L
#GoSharks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Unless there's been some sort of explosion in talent level in three months I have to assume Burke is saying Doherty is "pretty close" to being a solid AHL defenseman because the last I saw Doherty wasn't close to being that yet.
I'd say he looked solid. Definitely not NHL ready, but better than I had expected based on your's and Speed's reporting. Made some good plays and stayed in position. Don't think he was ever beat by someone rushing down the wing, but definitely wasn't fleet of foot. Just my thoughts on seeing him for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkfan95 View Post
How did the goalies such as anderson or troy grosenick look?
Anderson and Grosenick both looked solid. Each only let in one goal and it was more the scoring player's ability than lack of effort or bad positioning. Both looked focused and kept track of the play really well. Grosenick saw significantly more pucks than Anderson and performed exceptionally.

Bergvik was around the same as them, just beaten twice instead of once. One was a weird hopper from Emanuelsson and another was a great move by Nieto. Bergvik had a big OT save on Hertl (who had been run into by the ref and kept going) and some nice stops in the shootout. Definitely more emotive than Niemi, with some great reactions to goals going in, as well as some of his saves.

Racine was pretty bad. Bad positioning on all three he let in, and was psyched out in the shootout by a couple guys. First goal he let in was a bad angle shot from the boards, second goal was a floating slapshot from Bigos, and the OT goal was possible re-direction or nifty move by Tarasov. Mueller absolutely fooled him in the shootout. I honestly don't see him being offered a contract by San Jose.