View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCountry84 View Post
Becoming defensive is usually a case of being attacked. You made a comment that questioned my judgement that came across obnoxious and condescending.
Becoming defensive is a response to thinking you were attacked. You took the worst possible interpretation of what I stated and choose to be offended.

Quote:
Then you go on to tell me that it's because I agree with you. Which again comes off as obnoxious.
I'm saying for some reason the comment hit thus your heated reaction.

Quote:
I haven't once revealed my stance on Dubnyk's role as our starter. I simply made a video that featured him because fellow Oiler fans requested it.
Fair enough. I hadn't realized when this board became a place where I was expected to clap like a seal in response to the latest hilite reel.

Quote:
It's sad I even have to defend why I chose to do what I did.
You choose to be defensive. Another response could be "yeah, you know what, that was kind of weak, I could've used a better hilite to demonstrate Dubnyks great plays. Really I wouldn't have likely responded had I not found it odd you made that one bonehead Dubnyk play into the showcase.

Quote:
I also could have made the video 10 minutes but chose a certain piece of music that only lasted a certain amount of time. It has nothing to do with lack of footage on Dubnyk's end.
Well, thanks for keeping it to two minutes anyway.

Quote:
Lastly, do you actually think that because younger Oiler fans haven't witnessed the glory day tenders that they are unable to recognize the difference between elite, average, and piss poor? I hope I misinterpreted that.
Pretty sure I phrased that in terms of perspective. What great Oiler goalies are young fans comparing Dubnyk to?
People would feel differently, and I think teammates might as well, if they could have more confidence in the clubs goaltending.

When I see Dubs in your video wildly chasing an obvious backboards bounce shot that I've seen him do so often I'm tempted to be reminded why I have little faith in his ability to think the game.
My own thought would be a hilite reel of a player ought to attempt to instill a demonstration of the merit of that player. Guess not.

Probably not close to being your best work.

Last edited by Replacement: 07-12-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote