View Single Post
Old
07-13-2013, 02:43 AM
Burnt Biscuits

vCash: 500
Our number 1 priority right now should be to get Boyd Gordon a buddy on the shutdown line so we can run them out against tough competition and bad zone starts freeing up our top 6 for easier match-ups and less defensive zone starts. Jones and Joensuu on his line won't cut it, we need atleast one player who is more of a defense first player then we can run out either Joensuu or Jones to fill out the rest of the line. Of the remaining UFA's both Cleary and Gagne would be interesting options as they are both good defensively, but have some offense to their kit that they can contribute, they are both in decline but on short term deals would be good options, sadly from what I've read both are already signed essentially just waiting for their respective teams to clear bodies/ cap space. Langenbrunner was a great defensive player, I'm not sure if that is still the case, regardless with his age and coming off a serious hip injury I couldn't see offering him anymore than a camp tryout and seeing if he is still good enough to contribute from there. If we are going to get this player it will likely have to come from the Hemsky trade or by chance someone may need to clear capspace or room on their roster and we might get who we need for a pick or a prospect.

The second thing I'd like to address is the 4th line center cause I don't think we really have one, it seems management is content on this front, they want to hand the job to Lander, and if that doesn't pan out it will be either Acton or Arcobello called up and failing that we will likely see Smyth back at center .