View Single Post
Old
07-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Right time to trade him was 3 or 4 years ago when we should've started over and done a proper rebuild.

Now? Again, we're in that "in between stage" where we're not really contenders but we're up and coming. Even worse, our blueline is very weak right now. If we could trade him for a young defenseman (something I don't think we could get for him anymore) then sure.

He's still a great PP quarterback right now so he might be able to get a good return but who do we replace him with? PK could probably do it but our blueline is so thin back there...

The real problem is that PK, Max and Price are coming into their prime now. So for every year that we waste now it's a wasted year for them. Go for it now or continue to semi-rebuild? It's a precarious position for MB because the guys before him didn't rebuild the way they should. Adding Briere though didn't help so I guess I'm of the mindset that we might as well trade Markov for a younger blueliner. That blueliner though would have to be in his early 20s and ready to play. We'd have to look for a team trying to win it now and in need of PP help. No easy task. So even if Markov were to waive his NTC it's still not going to be easy to trade him so my guess is that we're stuck with him. Not the worst thing in the world but I don't see how we can move him for what we'd want now.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 07-13-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote