View Single Post
Old
07-13-2013, 09:45 AM
alphahelix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Your mileage varying.

I would state that angrily giving the finger to 20K fans and disrespecting the paying faithful in a sport largely dependent on gate revenue is deplorable. Bettman and the NHL agreed, and fined him and discussed the egregious act with him. What this could be as well is a generational difference. I would not flip the bird in that way in anything even remotely tied to my profession and the action holds a different connotation for me.

But the worst part of all for me is that Ference resolutely lied about his actions. For me, personally I don't abide people evading responsibility and bold faced lying about an obvious action. Thats just me, not being sarcastic with this, we all have different things that impact us.

tbh neither instance is likely the true mark of the person. just in my view one is a significant character flaw.

enough of this though.

Ference will improve the Oilers team.

Are you serious? I respect your critique even when it is adversarial, but to me you sound like the kid on the playground who is ratting the cooler kid out and yelling that he should be punished more harshly... After all hockey is a game and the ice can sometimes resemble a playground. This isn't a boardroom. I know there are kids watching and I'm sure he felt bad about it, but this guy isn't running for prime minister... Even if he was, I'd say "go get 'em Trudeau". Do you want everything G-rated, everyone to behave like a robot, everyone to take it lying down? We're not a well-oiled human machine, there will be individuals and they will handle awkward situations differently... thank God for that. Not that I'm giving him kudos or anything, but just because everyone doesn't behave the way mama told ya shouldn't have you holding a grudge!

... Anyways, beyond all that silliness - my problem with Ference lies in his on-ice ability and 4 year contract. We need more and we need better.

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote