View Single Post
Old
07-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
I just hate the idea of rushing Klefbom by giving him 6D minutes in the NHL when he could be getting 1D minutes in the AHL, even if its for 1/2 a season.

I, too, think Belov might be better suited on the opening day roster. I guess we'll see what transpires after camp is off and running.
It's not rushing him if he's ready. Still though, they may give him the OEL treatment and place him in the AHL just to get his feet wet (though for OEL it was as a 19 yr old and it only lasted 15 games). I just think if the guy is good enough, why not have him in the line up here? Tambo is gone right? Meaning management's objective is to ice the team that gives them the best chance to win every night. IMO, that line up includes Klefbom. The guy already has 3 years of pro experience. That saw him earn an increased role each year, to the point where prior to his injury last year was considered one of the better defenders in the league.

If Larsen and Belov play so well and Klefbom struggles a bit in camp that its not clear whether he's an everyday guy, then yes, you start him in the AHL. But IMO, he's our #5 guy to start the season and it is Schultz who will split playing time with Belov. The kid is just that good. He's also going to get sheltered minutes in a bottom pair role. No matter which way you spin it, playing in the NHL is way better for development than playing in the AHL.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote