View Single Post
Old
07-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I think the NYR will be playing heavily in the rental dept. towards the end of the 13'-14' season.
I wouldn't have minded if Slats had been "pro-active" and made some moves this summer, among them of course especially getting a PMD, Lecavalier could have been had and I think a guy like Paajarvi carries a ton of premium being a really good prospect that hasn't received the necessary attention due to three 1st overall picks getting it (understandable).

But, the road we have choosen isn't stupid either for sure. AV will demand alot of plays from our D's that they haven't made in three years. AV will ask for alot of things from our forwards that they are unused to (litterary receiving a pass on the rush and taking it to the net instead of just putting it below the hashmarks).

We have strong players on our roster and a strong D along with the best goalie in the league. We should have a solid season. We have openings on our roster, and with injuries and stuff kids will get chances. Alot of kids will be slotted into the roster from the get go (Kreider; Miller?; Kristo?; Lindberg?; Fasth?). We have alot of valuble players on the roster as is.

If we play with the roster we have for half a season, Slats will still have alot of options. Guys like Lindberg/Fasth/Miller/Kristo might have marginal value today but could have alot more value on the market in 6 month's if they makes it and plays 40 games. AV will be comfortable with what he has and what needs to be added. What players aren't optimal on his team.

If AV stands there after 40 games and clearly concludes that we need like a PMD that can lead the offensive game from our own end and out and run the PP, we will have alot of assets on hand when someone becomes available.

This coming season will definitely be a step in the right direction, even if our off-season has not been optimal.