View Single Post
Old
07-13-2013, 01:05 PM
JoeCool16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
I'm afraid that we need at least one fully solid, fully experienced, fully capable, full-sized pair of D-men to play hard minutes (i.e. the majority of the minutes) against the big strong offensive players peppered around our division, especially in own-zone face-off situations. Not having that, I suppose a balanced D with an impetus on quick breakouts and effective transitions is our next best bet and that line up may be able to offer that with a certain degree of efficacy.
I think Ference will try to be that, and we'll find how much his effectiveness was a product of Boston, and how much it's him.

Quote:
I just hate the idea of rushing Klefbom by giving him 6D minutes in the NHL when he could be getting 1D minutes in the AHL, even if its for 1/2 a season.

I, too, think Belov might be better suited on the opening day roster. I guess we'll see what transpires after camp is off and running.
Absolutely, the Oilers need to see what they've got in Belov and it won't hurt Klefbom to start in the minors, or even stay there the whole season if he struggles (or best case, if he plays well but the Oilers also do, without any weak spots on D. Crazy, but who knows?)

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote