Old
07-13-2013, 01:14 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I don't know about that TMI. Same points scored last year, Kane outscored him by 3 points this year, and is also 5 years younger. Kane is signed for 4-5 more years, while Ryan is for 2. Kane also has played on a crappy Jets/Thrashers team, while Ryan has played with the likes of Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, etc... I know that I probably would have to think hard about that package for Kane, but I definitely would not give it up for Ryan.
Kane is a good player, but he is far from being as proven as Ryan in terms of putting up points. He has scored 30 goals once. Ryan has done it four times.

That package for either of them would be silly anyway, to be honest (and I know it was purely hypothetical). We would be opening up a hole on defense without even knowing for sure if the hole we had last year is filled. We won't know that until Jones plays some games at this level, or until we see how far Ekholm has progressed. A top pairing defenseman signed for seven years, a newly acquired blue chip prospect and a 1st that will likely be pretty high after giving up that package? No thanks.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote