View Single Post
Old
07-13-2013, 01:19 PM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Why are people so upset? Paajarvi was a nice kid but was absolutely a disappointment in the NHL so far and you have to give to get. Perron is more skilled, better defensively, grittier and only 3 years older. He's also a bit of a pest something we've sorely lacked.
I am not sure people are so upset over the actual trade. Obviously I can only speak for myself but I am happy with the trade (short term) but at the same time as I think it is too bad that we lost Paajarvi.

What I and a few other posters have reacted to is the uncalled-for bashing of Paajarvi. I am sad to see him go, but I realize that Perron is a better bet for our top 6 at this point and I am fine with that and honestly quite excited over what Perron may do this year.

What I don't understand is why posters feel the need to bash Paajarvi for just about everything at the moment even his career in Sweden (which despite literally being really good needs to be compared to junior careers in CAN ) and his performance this year which wasn't excellent, but it was decent and a big step in the right direction.

I am under the impression that Paajarvi's 2nd season ruined him for some fans. It was without a doubt one of the worse sophomore seasons ever for a "80GP-15G-19A-rookie-season" player I have ever seen.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote