View Single Post
07-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Brian Boyle
BZK blows away
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
I say again, why are we trying to trade away DZ? He's on a great contract as of now while we deal with this low cap ceiling, he has potential to be a great player, he's made strides to get to where he is now and he loves playing in NY and despite there being others on defense that can contribute offensively, he's the only one who can be considered an offensive play making defenseman.
I love DZ and am perfectly happy keeping him, but I get why he's the brunt of many proposals/etc. He's an extremely valuable piece, and one who could be considered expendable with the glut of high level defenseman this team has.

Eventually, someone is going to have to be traded keeping all of these players until their contracts run out if bad management. Value has to be capitalized on. Now might be the best time to trade DZ, although, I will say that if he breaks out next year for 50+ points, with his contract being up, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Girardi being Group IV and Staal being one year away from Group IV himself.