View Single Post
Old
07-13-2013, 03:41 PM
alexmanu

vCash: 500
I'm really liking some of the players that will be coming over from Europe next season or in the near future.

Miikka Salomaki is a guy that I think many people are sleeping on. I don't see him being a top six player at the NHL level but he seems like a guy that you could put on the third line and know that you will have a physical skater who is good in his own zone and can also chip in offensively. The guy will be with the Admirals next season and don't be surprised if he shows up (especially during the playoffs).

Pontus Aberg is also an intriguing prospect in that he is a player that breaks the usual Predator mould due to the fact that he is a shoot first player. He is also a great skater and could be an asset on the PP. I had the pleasure of being able to watch many of his games for Djurgarden last season and I believe there are some uploaded on the internet. He outshone Wennberg who just went 14th overall and tallied 40pts in 52 games. He'll be with Farjestad in SEL next season.

Also another Scandinavian I really like is Max Gortz. The guy has really good size and a nice slap shot and is pretty good technically. He had a pretty nice season with Farjestad and we'll see if he has another level. We'll probably see him in Milwaukee with Aberg in the 14-15 season.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote