View Single Post
Old
07-13-2013, 04:18 PM
SephF
See you next time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
You may be having a conversation with someone else about how the hits stat has some bearing but it doesn't hold much water for me.

Especially where MPS is concerned. He's never going be a hitter and that's fine. He needs to learn to go to the tough areas of the game to score his goals. He took a baby step in that direction this year.

I'll admit if MPS figures that out he'll be a solid number 2 forward. I just don't think it's something that's easily taught and accepted.. they're called the hard areas of the ice for a reason.

I will maintain that he'll never be a solid offensive threat maintaining his current game off the rush and on the perimiters. The instincts just aren't there.

Hall, Hopkins, Yakupov even get to those areas because they're way better at anticipating the play and where the open ice will be. MPS has to go there and fight for his space because he can't discern that aspect of the game imo.
And it shouldn't really hold much water, especially if you're comparing players from different teams. Hits are tallied differently in every building. Now when they're on the same team it makes it a little bit more legitimate because it's not like the score keepers are going to be trying to pump MPS' stats over Halls but yeah, it is what it is.

We weren't seeing a lot of this originally from Magnus, he's starting to come around

SephF is online now   Reply With Quote