Thread: OT: Pleased to meet you
View Single Post
Old
07-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Juban912

vCash: 500
Hi!

Name:
Juban912 (Jewish father + Cuban mother + birthday = username)

Where are you from:
Born on Staten Island, lived in Somerville, NJ since 1995. Currently residing in New Brunswick, NJ.

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Technically since birth. But I started really watching in 1997.

First Rangers match you attended:
Rangers v. Devils, Fall 1997. Was a bit restless the first time, but I've loved it ever since.

Favorite Ranger:
My first favorite was Pat LaFontaine. My second or third time attending a game at MSG they were handing out 8 1/2 by 11 posters of LaFontaine upon arrival, so for some reason he became my first favorite. Loved Richter, Beuekboom, Leetch, Graves from the late 90's-00's. Since the lockout I can't name one so, Hank, Cally, McD, Ortmeyer, Avery, and a few others.

Best Ranger moment:
Got to see the 2012 Winter Classic and game 5 against the Caps last year in person. WC was obviously great with the atmosphere and the way NYR won, but game 5 was surreal.

Former Rangers you miss:
Dubi, Avery, Betts, Artie, Tyutin.

Any non-Rangers you like:
Kopitar, P. Bergeron, Tavares, Toews

Any other sports:
Watch football every Sunday, NY Giants are the team. I like the Yankees and Knicks, but don't really keep up in general MLB and NBA happenings. Like watching the World Cup and Euro tournaments

How did you find HF Boards:
Somebody had linked to it years ago in a blog I used to read. Only checked it once in a blue moon because I thought this was the place for hockey conspiracy theorists Started readily checking it midway through this year and now I'm on every day.

How do you watch Rangers games:
At home, usually just on my couch with beers. Had to switch to my bedroom at one point because they hit a hot streak upon watching a game there. My father's a STH, so he'll take me to four to six games a year, and we try making the trip to Newark (short train ride) or Long Island (90 min. drive).

OTHER QUESTIONS

Favorite band/album/song
Pantera/Colors by Between the Buried and Me/Baba O'Riley by The Who

Favorite restaurant/go-to meal/beverage
Fast food: Chipotle, actual restaurant: Jose Tejas/Turkey Sub/Guinness

Jerseys owned
Home Lundqvist, vintage away sweater (New York instead of Rangers on the front.

Juban912 is offline   Reply With Quote