View Single Post
Old
07-13-2013, 07:41 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
I've seen that quote floating around that it was something he was thinking about "for a long time." So why try to fight and claw for a 10+ year contract if going back home to Russia was something he was thinking about, and clearly so heavily considering, for whatever a long time is?
This is really my only problem with the move. If he took a short deal and left for Russia after, I'd have no problem at all. I mean, I'd be bummed to not see a good player anymore, but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
You do if part of the contract says that you can retire and do exactly what kovalchuk just did... Since when has any player ever in history been required tofinish a contract? You either don't get paid or you get traded this isn't something so crazy...
Good point. He's not required to finish his contract, but if he's been thinking about this for a while, why did he make a deal about wanting 100+ million dollars just a few years ago? He had to know that you don't get that for a 3 year deal. Based on the shape of the Devil's lineup right now, it sure doesn't look like they saw this coming. I just think it's a crappy way to treat a team who offered you such an absurd contract. As a Ranger fan, I find their misfortune kind of hilarious but it's not hard to imagine how I'd feel if Nash, for example, did this.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote