View Single Post
Old
07-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Bergeron47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
We're really never going to be like LA Kings or Boston Bruins, we're not built that way.

We are a skill based team and that's just all there is to it.

I think Hemsky will be shipped out for a grittier bottom six forward but that's about it.

In a few years when we have Nurse and Klefbom in the lineup and if their development has gone well and we've added a few more pieces, then I think we'll be more comparable to the Chicago Blackhawks. But ultimately we may just become our own thing.
MacT has singled out Detroit & Chicago as systems to follow. Problem is, there are still major roles in their rosters that we haven't got.
The Blackhawks are the Blackhawks because of 3 main factors.
1. Their deadly top-6
2. Their superior ability to transition the puck using their d-men
3. The offensive effectiveness of their bottom-6
I think we can match number 1, but we're still vastly inferior in 2 & 3. We don't have a Keith OR a Seabrook. If we're lucky Schultz & Klefbom can be that tandem, I just worry it will take too long for them to develop into those roles.
As for 3, I think it's achievable it we were more aggressive in the FA market. We CAN afford Penner, Mueller, Latendresse we COULD HAVE afforded Lapierre, Bouchard, MacArthur, Cooke. I think we could have done ten times better this offseason in filling the bottom 6.

Bergeron47 is online now   Reply With Quote