View Single Post
07-14-2013, 12:21 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
We'll return to Girardi--he's really not a rise/fall type of player. That doesn't mean he doesn't have the odd bad game. But end of the year he'll have his ton of blocked shots, a massive amount of hits, not too much time spent in the penalty box--about 25 minutes average ice time and somewhere around 30 points. He'll be a main guy on the pk. That's pretty much what he does and in any case we don't have another right side defenseman in our organization who is near capable of doing all that. I'm sorry--we don't. The other thing is next season he will be UFA. He's playing for his next contract and right side defensemen who steadily do the things I've outlined above are pretty hard to find. If the Rangers don't lock him up and he gets to free agency he's going to be over $5 mil per rather easily. He's certainly a more valuable commodity than the likes of Clowe or Clarkson. I don't see him falling. I see more of what we've gotten from him the last few years. I see a big hole to our right side defense if he signs with another team which may be inevitable but sometimes you don't know what you've lost til it's gone.
i'll wager that if he tests FA, hes going to make closer to 6mil. And I suspect Toronto is the best fit for him.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote