View Single Post
Old
07-14-2013, 09:05 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Yes. The bigger, stronger, and better defensive player covers the tougher side.
Not saying it hasn't happened yet--but my hazy brain does not remember Staal ever playing on the right side before. With his eye injury I think there is less likelihood as the injury was to his right eye and he'd be dealing with a bllind spot and on the wrong side where he'd be forced into using his backhand a lot more. It's almost like accentuating one handicap with another. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
i'll wager that if he tests FA, hes going to make closer to 6mil. And I suspect Toronto is the best fit for him.
I think Girardi's best chance of coming back to the Rangers is with a home town discount. We're looking at Lundqvist and Callahan as well next year--one the franchise face and maybe best goalie in the league and the other the team captain (but also buying out Richards if he's healthy enough anyway). Girardi going somewhere else is going to put a big hole on our right side though it almost guarantees that McIlrath if he doesn't take a spot this year will take one next year. Saying he'd easily make $5 mil per is pretty much saying he'll probably make more and $6 mil per is not unthinkable.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote