Thread: Marlies Discussion: 2013-2014 Marlies Edition
View Single Post
Old
07-14-2013, 09:11 AM
The Nic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinae View Post
With players that are currently under contract (only assumptions made are Ashton and Holzer making the Leafs and Abbott re-signing as RFA)

Leivo - Wright - Abbott
D'Amigo - McKegg - Ross
Broll - Ryan - Biggs
Devane - Crescenzi - Lasch

*Wright and Abbott are without a question the best offensive players on this team and will likely be paired together on the top scoring line. I think Leivo is a really good fit with them as he adds size and is skilled.
*D'Amigo and Ross both have chemistry with McKegg afaik so this is a line based solely on familiarity. McKegg and D'Amigo are probably the 3rd and 4th best forwards on the roster and Ross should add a physical presence and be given a chance on a scoring line.
*Broll and Biggs and Devane... that's just messed up dude. That's scary messed up. This team is big and mean and scary. Ryan, Carrick and Crescenzi all good soldiers, defensive players.

Brennan - Blacker
Marshall - Granberg
Percy - MacWilliam

*idk the defense is up in the air. Management will likely add another veteran. I don't see a place on the Leafs for Brennan and view Gardiner, Franson, Liles and Rielly as superior options.

MacIntyre
Sparks
The roster as it stands right now would not be competitive... but I'm sure that there are still more veteran minor leaguers to be added. Smith and Bodie missing from this list... I expect at least 2 or 3 more signings up front and on defense. The jump from junior to the AHL is surprisingly tough... and the youngsters need veteran leadership.

Who the heck is Wright?

Last edited by The Nic: 07-14-2013 at 09:16 AM.