View Single Post
07-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Fish on The Sand
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Well in my mind I've seen an obvious decline. I hope we can attribute it to lack of playing time the last few seasons combined with the hard lockout schedule that many veterans had trouble dealing with. I hope it was a question of endurance and that he proves me wrong. People like to call me stupid for my opinion like I somehow want Markov to fail. No, I simply want the Habs to succeed and I think in order to do so they need to get better 5 on 5, because that's what playoff hockey is about. And 5 on 5, I see Markov not being close to worth what he's being paid, which is a shame because I remember him being an elite defenceman of the NHL. I would prefer to go in another direction. The Blackhawks had no problem playing Leddy all year and the Bruins had no problem playing Krug in the playoffs. I don't understand why people think it would be the end of the world if Beaulieu or Nygren are in the NHL by the 2014 season.
I would have loved to have traded for Leddy. He's, younger, better, and cheaper than Markov. The Blackhawks have really underutilized him, however they have a logjam of amazing demen. Leddy would help us a lot at 5 on 5 and would do well on the 2nd PP unit. He's one of the most underrated guys in the league.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote