View Single Post
Old
10-29-2006, 12:38 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

vCash: 500
The first 11 games of the season assessment

Here some observations that I've seen, and I've seen every game except the Chiago one this year.

1. Lats (I never saw him play in the pre-season) and I know he's a young kid who will need time, but I think he should have stayed in Junior for another year and one year in the AHL. It's not that he hasn't registered a point, but rather that he's NOT that strong on the boards and he hasn't caught up to the speed of the game. A natural progression just like Higgins, Perezhogin and Plekanec would have been much better than throwing him into the fire.

2. When we make a crisp first pass out of the offensive zone and get through the neutral zone with speed, we are deadly, otherwise we stink...no in between!

3. Begin is playing like crap... he lost his hockey sense in the off-season. I have never seen him so out of poistion in the defensive zone and I can't understand why? His offensive zeal last year was a mirage, that's for sure. Murray hasn't looked that good either!

4, As fast as our offensive is, our DEFENSE is just plain SLOW. Put pressure on Rivet and Souray and they cough up the puck. As vets the are jsut plain scary when paired together, especially as a number 1 pairing.

5. Niiminnaa is good for 2-3 giveaways a game.... Brisebois without the offense!

6. The REAL Markov has yet to show up this year. Why does he NEVER look like he's having any fun? Another Russian just over for the American $$... guess we'll find out in the off-season.

7. Why can't we learn from Buffalo and roll 4 offensive lines?

Higgins---Koivu--Ryder (Don't fix what ain't broke!)
Perezhogin--Plekanec--Kovalev
Samasnov---Bonk---Johnson
Lats--Begin---Kots (Call him up... he's earned a shot more than Lats!)

8. Neither Huet or Abby have give me the work fuzzy feeling about our goalies...yet?

Just my opinion.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote