Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadesofFutility View Post
If I thought any of these picks might become anything but AHL defensemen,
I would think better of his drafts.

No you draft good prospects in the top 15 picks, not reaches like Morin.
We could have had Bogosian, Hamiliton, Shattenkirk, but no we do not want to draft potential #1 defensemen.
You really need to stop saying "we do not draft defensemen." I strongly suggest you check out this draft and the last. You'll find a load of defensemen. It really shoots your theory in both feet with a large caliber.

How exactly would we have had Bogo or Shattenkirk? Bogo was 3rd overall in 2008. We did not have 2nd overall, so picking him would have been impossible. Shattenkirk was passed up by 13 teams. I guess none of them draft Dmen either, eh? If he was so clearly a #1, he wouldn't have gone that late. At the time JVR was quite clearly the better pick. At the time, leaving him on the board and reaching on Shattenkirk would have been dumb. Shattenkirk wasn't ranked in the top 10 skaters. Nearly half the league passed on him.

By the way, that alone ought to teach you something about writing off draft picks before they even get a chance to develop....the guy taken 14th (compared to Morin's 11th) is turning into something, yet in your estimation Morin will be an AHL player?

Do tell. Why?

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 07-15-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote