View Single Post
Old
07-15-2013, 03:52 AM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapshotSuperstar View Post
i think what the op is getting at (which is why he only posted teams from our div) is that the oilers will be getting hit way more often from guys who are bigger than them and become worn down more than if they were 15 pounds heavier. will def. take its toll, and is a well worn playoff strat.
Is there anything to back up the notion that if you are 15 pounds heavier you are less likely to get worn down from being hit? Not sure I buy that.

Now if you want to say that when you are 15 pounds heavier you will wear your opponent down more, sure that can be argued. But being bigger does not make you more durable, or have greater endurance or anything of the sort. I want to see some actual stats that say big players are less likely to get hurt, or are less likely to wear down as the season goes on. I don't buy it for a minute.

Size is one of the last things I'm concerned about. I'm much more concerned about having quality NHL players who actually know how to play the game. If they are big, great. If not, that is not the biggest issue in the world.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote