View Single Post
Old
10-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I guess I missed it, or my attn. span is not what it was. I thought he had his worst game of the year though. Coming from me who was gaga over the kid after 10 games last year when he was barely on the 4th line.
Higgins' shift was forgettable. He turned the puck over and set up a nice Leafs scoring opportunity, so he didn't see any more OT ice-time after that.

He had a rough game. So did Koivu, I thought.

On Latendresse: I think he's starting to put it together as a legit NHL player at this point. The past few games he's started doing little things, such as winning battles at his own blueline then chipping it out to his centerman who's in full flight headed up ice. I also found him stronger on the puck and able to protect it better, while having some idea of what to do and where to go with it, even if he's not quite there yet.

Shifts have got to be shorter though. I remember one play where the Habs had been hemmed in their own zone for a long, long time ... Latendresse managed to dump it into the Leafs zone finally. And Latendresse went in after it, staying out there another 15-20 seconds. He was visibly tired, and he's not going to win many foot-races even when he's fresh, so he needs to get some discipline in that regard.