Old
07-15-2013, 08:21 AM
Viqsi
caution: bite hazard

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Poile said after trading erat he would get a replacement for him, well we already obviously had forsberg as that point, so where is our replacement you speak of David??
Well, since we're apparently not allowed to include Forsberg (for "everyone MUST be obligated to hate Poile as much as I do" reasons, or something equally petty)... Cullen and Stalberg together manage to exceed Erat's point totals just fine. And that's arguably a good thing considering the number of games Erat has habitually lost to injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Of the four we brought in, none are top six.
The more I read about Cullen and watch clips of the guy the more I think he's legit top-6. Not top-3 by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm willing to say that my initial reaction to that signing ("what? how the hell?") was extremely off-base.

Stalberg has the potential to be a second-liner, although we won't know that for sure until he's given the ice time.

Dramatic offense increase? Nope. But is there an increase? Yes - marginal, but yes. Potential for even more increases depending on how the kids develop through the season? Tons.

Congratulations to all Las Vegas area hockey fans, present and future!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote