View Single Post
Old
07-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Lundsanity30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The thing is we sent away depth for skill, then basically made the same trade in reverse 9 months later. Granted, I like Nash more than Gaborik, and I think Moore and Brassard are promising players, but it's still a move that was made to fix a mistake. We all look at the Gomez trade and think, "Woah. Sather fleeced the Habs" but in reality, it was a really all tied to a massive mistake that he had to correct. He just happened to get a prospect who the Canadiens felt had stalled in his development.

So, all in all, we're adding more skill. However, a lot of it is still tied up in "potential" and players who need to "take the next step" in their development. Until that happens, we're going to have a hard time being a "skill" team. We need Kreider to step up and be a goal scorer. We need Brassard to continue to keep his game going at a high level. We need Zucc to establish himself as a legitimate top-six forward. It's hard to say we're a skill team when 3 pieces of our top-six are still such huge question marks.
I dont agree with this, because the Rangers traded 2 depth players for a skilled winger in Nash thinking it would put them over the hump, Gaborik and Richards didn't play well and that was the end of that. the Gaborik trade was more for cap reasons and the Rangers redid pretty much the Nash trade, but they targeted more skilled players, for instance brassard more skilled than AA, and Moore is more skilled than Erixon.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote