View Single Post
Old
07-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
I think the health (or lack thereof) will be more of a determining factor on whether or not we are a top 10 or bottom 10 team

I think the off season has gone about as well as it could have. We didn't make any major lineup changes (other than Bryz) and we addressed areas of need (streit, VL and Razor) while being able to keep even Meszaros who, if finally healthy, makes our defense much better (personally if he's healthy the entire season I'd take Mesz over Grossman). Timonen is a #1, Coburn a #2, Schenn a #2/3, Meszaros a #3/4, Gus a #3-#5, Streit a #4/5 (depending upon how much workload he can handle) and Grossman a #5/6. We may not be as strong as many teams but that's far from a "BAD" defense.

Now all we have to do is to get our forwards to play more defensively responsible, lol. THAT alone would make our defense and net minding look much better.
Streit led NYI in Time on ice/game for the last several years. He only slipped down a bit in the recent playoffs because he was playing with a sore knee. I would rank him much higher than a 4/5, probably a 2/3 since he has proven he can play 23+ minutes/game for the last several seasons.

I disagree with you on Luke Schenn too, he really blossomed last year. And I love Coburn too, I want to keep them all.

The D is going to be better than people think. Streit can take some PP time off Kimmo. We'll have 3 pairs we can use. The goalies are better at puckhandling. We got the best UFA forward available too.

I'm optimistic. We just have to see what happens with Meszaros/Gagne/Laughton, most of the other questions, aside from line combos/Dpairings, are already answered.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote